A man who sent abusive emails to Labour leader Keir Starmer and US President Joe Biden has been given a suspended prison sentence.

Graham Frederick Reid, 54, from Colwyn Bay, who has been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, told Sir Keir: “Looking forward to seeing you dead”.

His emails included extreme racist and homophobic language, Llandudno Magistrates’ Court heard.

Reid was given an eight-week prison sentence, suspended for a year.

Deputy District Judge Gerallt Jones was told other politicians Reid abused in the emails included former Prime Minister Boris Johnson, current Prime Minister Rishi Sunak and former Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar.

Abusive emails were also sent to the Home Office when Suella Braverman was the home secretary.

The emails were sent between 29 June and 18 December last year.

Four were sent to Dulwich and West Norwood Labour MP Helen Hayes.

One of these talked about “calling down to see you in your terraced house”. This suggested Reid knew where she lived, said the prosecution.

One of the emails to Sir Keir was signed with Reid’s full name, along with the words “AKA All That Reaper”.

Reid was caught when he reported a burglary last year and the contact information he gave to police matched the email address from which the abusive emails were sent.

He had been living in London at the time of the offences and was arrested in Holyhead, Anglesey.

At the earlier hearings he was said to be of no fixed abode. The court was told he was now living at a hotel in Colwyn Bay, Conwy county.

In his defence, the court was told he had not been taking his medication and had been using cocaine at the time he sent the emails.

A probation officer told the court Reid was sorry for his actions.

Reid pleaded guilty to persistently making use of a public electronic communications network for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another.

As well as the suspended jail sentence, Reid was ordered not to contact Helen Hayes MP in any way for two years.

He was ordered to pay £85 costs and a victim surcharge of £154.